Kitten season is fast approaching! Last year, we took in over 270 kittens. ? This could not have been possible without our fosters! If you would like to become a kitten foster this season, we would love to help you get started. We provide everything you may need from supplies, medical treatment, and of course…kittens! All you need is a secluded place in your home (a spare bedroom or bathroom is perfect!), transportation, and some extra love!
If you are interested in fostering kittens, please fill out our foster application here: https://www.foothillshumanesociety.org/foster-application/
We need fosters for the following types of kittens:
? 1. 0-4 weeks
– These kittens will require around the clock care and be bottle fed every 2-3 hours. At 4 weeks they can be fed every 4 hours.
– Staying warm is vital for this age. We will provide heating pads.
– Bottle feeding experience preferred, but not required. We will provide training.
? 2. 5-8 weeks
– These kittens will need to be bottle fed every 5-6 hours. At 6 weeks they can begin transitioning to kitten food.
– Fosters must provide transportation as these kittens will need to be brought in for photos and vaccines
? 3. Socializing 2-4 month old kittens
– These kittens are in the crucial socialization stage of development. They will need someone dedicated to spending time with them and showing them that human affection isn’t so bad after all!
? 4. Nursing mothers & kittens
– The mom will typically take care of the kittens for you! They will need to be socialized and monitored.
– Fosters must provide transportation as kittens and mom will need to be brought in for photos and vaccines
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! At Foothills Humane Society, we are celebrating St. CATrick’s Day with $17 cat adoptions through March 17th! There’s nothing luckier than second chances and we have tons of felines waiting for theirs!
? Find your lucky charm here: https://bit.ly/FHSFelines
Because of COVID-19, we are doing adoptions by appointment only and not allowing walkins. To book an appointment, please fill out an adoption application through our website, www.foothillshumanesociety.org. Our adoption coordinator will process your application and schedule a time for you to come meet our adoptable cats!
Foothills Humane Society’s “Keep ‘Em Home” Program provides free cat and dog food to community members in need. ? This Friday and Saturday from 11:00am-1:00pm, we are hosting a Pet Food Distribution Event!
If you are a resident of Polk County, Landrum, Campobello, or Gowensville you are eligible to receive FREE pet food through FHS at this event. You must provide proof that all of your animals are spayed/neutered. If they are not, FHS may be able to help.
Update 3/12: We are anticipating 4-5 bags of formula headed our way, thank you everyone! This will be more than enough for this litter and we will be able to put it towards future orphans this season. If you’d still like to help, we are in need of the other items on our wishlist. You can use the same link. Thank you again! ❤️
‼️ EMERGENCY NEED FOR KITTEN FORMULA ‼️ We just got in 4 kittens only hours old. They are headed straight to foster care and will need to be bottle fed as their mother wants nothing to do with them. We are dangerously low on our kitten formula supply. If you would like to help us out, Breeder’s Edge Milk Replacer can be purchased through our Amazon wishlist linked here: http://bit.ly/FHSKittenWishlist.