Your love of animals can be your legacy when you designate Foothills Humane Society (FHS) as a beneficiary in your estate. By becoming a member of the FHS Legacy Circle, you will follow in the footsteps of generous benefactors to ensure a healthy financial future for FHS and continued loving care for the rescued cats and dogs of Polk County and the neighboring communities of Landrum and Campobello.
There are many ways available to make a deferred gift to FHS. Below are some suggestions that you may want to pursue:
- Name FHS as a beneficiary in your will or living trust.
- Make a gift of stock or appreciated securities and you may benefit from IRS tax incentives.
- Name FHS as the beneficiary of a paid life insurance policy or individual retirement account (IRA).
- Leave a gift of cash or assets to FHS.
- Create a donor-advised fund with Polk County Community Foundation or contribute to FHS through your current advised donor fund.
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) with the assistance of your financial advisor.
For your planning — Foothills Humane Society is a 501©3, tax ID 58-1413121, located at 989 Little Mountain Road, Columbus, NC 28722.
Please let us know if you have or are planning to name FHS in your estate planning or if you have already done so, so that you may be properly acknowledged. When your plans are finalized, please complete our online Confidential Bequest Intention Form. You can also download, print, and mail the Confidential Bequest Intention Form to Foothills Humane Society, Attn: Legacy Circle, 989 Little Mountain Rd. Columbus, NC 28722. All information will be kept confidential.
To recognize your generosity as a Legacy Circle member you will be invited to an annual donor recognition event and, with your permission, you will be acknowledged on the FHS website. As a member of the Legacy Circle, your pets will be eligible for registration in our Pet Legacy Program, ensuring your pets, should they outlive you, will be lovingly cared for by FHS while seeking an appropriate adopter or foster home.
To learn more about the FHS Legacy Circle and/or Pet Legacy Program, please contact us at 828-863-4444 Ext 4 or email@example.com. We will be glad to meet with you and your advisor to answer any questions regarding the policies and practices of Foothills Humane Society.