Kitten season is fast approaching! Last year, we took in over 270 kittens. ? This could not have been possible without our fosters! If you would like to become a kitten foster this season, we would love to help you get started. We provide everything you may need from supplies, medical treatment, and of course…kittens! All you need is a secluded place in your home (a spare bedroom or bathroom is perfect!), transportation, and some extra love!
If you are interested in fostering kittens, please fill out our foster application here: https://www.foothillshumanesociety.org/foster-application/
We need fosters for the following types of kittens:
? 1. 0-4 weeks
– These kittens will require around the clock care and be bottle fed every 2-3 hours. At 4 weeks they can be fed every 4 hours.
– Staying warm is vital for this age. We will provide heating pads.
– Bottle feeding experience preferred, but not required. We will provide training.
? 2. 5-8 weeks
– These kittens will need to be bottle fed every 5-6 hours. At 6 weeks they can begin transitioning to kitten food.
– Fosters must provide transportation as these kittens will need to be brought in for photos and vaccines
? 3. Socializing 2-4 month old kittens
– These kittens are in the crucial socialization stage of development. They will need someone dedicated to spending time with them and showing them that human affection isn’t so bad after all!
? 4. Nursing mothers & kittens
– The mom will typically take care of the kittens for you! They will need to be socialized and monitored.
– Fosters must provide transportation as kittens and mom will need to be brought in for photos and vaccines